Keep getting out of the tent...

I'm currently sat in the garage waiting for a repair on my car which has failed its MOT. Amongst other things I'm doing is looking at videos from the training expedition which the participants in the Women's Euro-Arabian North Pole Expedition are currently undertaking in Iceland. I know quite a few people who are in Iceland at the moment, and the weather has been a bit gnarly for them.
I'm putting together some ideas for a teacher resource pack which will go on the website in advance of the expedition in April 2018.
Here's a taster of the expedition planning so far...


The last time I worked with Felicity, the result was the Pole of Cold teaching resource, which won an SAGT award.
Here's Felicity doing a talk on her solo skiing trip across Antarctica, if you want to hear of a previous expedition:

CIW: Explorers: Felicity Aston from Chicago Ideas on Vimeo.

I wonder how much longer expeditions like this will be possible, given the shrinking extent of the sea ice.
I've also been finding out about Barneo. This is a seasonal fly-in base camp operated by the Russians, which is going to facilitate the team's plan to ski the final degree to the North Pole.

More to come on this as the resource develops...

Comments